The device of modern information technologies looks, at first glance, rather complicated. But if you start to understand, then you can follow the relationship between how programming languages work, programs and applications are written. For example, the XML markup language is in great demand – we’ll talk about it today.
XML is used to transfer data in a simplified format across the Internet. It can be used in JAVA applications: for example, so that various business programs can exchange information with each other, and a person can easily read them. Within the XML hierarchy, different formats are used that describe the Internet pages themselves, the directory structure, interface, and so on. The SVG format is needed in order to translate images into vector graphics (then they are displayed correctly on web pages within the same applications).
Let’s take a look at some online services that you can use to turn ordinary images from the Internet into SVG files readable inside XML.
Official Website: https://convertio.co/png-svg/
The laconic name of this site means “conversion”, and its functionality is just as simple. On the service, you can upload images in PNG format and quickly convert them to SVG format.
First of all, let’s figure out how these formats differ:
- png is a portable network graphics and analog heavy GIF format that allows you to compress images without losing quality;
- SVG is scalable vector graphics used in the XML language (animation is supported, but not 3D objects).
Convertio is easy to convert from one format to another. You just need to upload a png-file in the source field (you can take the image both from the device’s memory and from the cloud drive), select the format for conversion (there are about 200 of them) and wait a little. After that, you can download the finished new file.
Official Website: https://onlineconvertfree.com/convert-format/png-to-svg/
Another service for converting images. Such programs are useful when you need to quickly change the format of your files – for example, in order to upload them to a web page or insert them into code (SVG is used inside mobile applications in XML code).
The conversion process is very simple: you only need to upload the original image (the service supports almost all formats), choose what it needs to be converted into and download the finished result to your device.
If you are a webmaster or you just need to change the image format (maybe your social network does not support the tricky file), then there is nothing easier than using a fast online converter.
- more than 250 file formats are supported for conversion;
- files uploaded to the server are protected by SSL encryption and are deleted after 24 hours, so you do not need to worry about their security;
- the conversion works automatically, you just need to upload your image and wait for a little;
- no installation required – the program runs entirely in browser mode.
Official Website: https://image.online-convert.com/convert/png-to-svg
In this online converter, you can convert not only png files to SVG but vice versa. This will be relevant if you need to turn a vector image from a programming language into a regular picture that can be easily opened on a computer or mobile device.
For those who haven’t used this service yet or have doubts about the quality of image conversion, there is a test mode. There you can try the conversion and evaluate the work of the program.
- converting PNG to SVG and vice versa;
- detailed information about formats;
- the ability to get a file for trial conversion;
- there are applications for Android and iOS.
Official Website: https://ru.inettools.net/convert/iz-png-v-svg
This converter is suitable if you need to quickly convert an image to SVG format, but at the same time, you do not have the time or opportunity to install the software with the corresponding functions. The inettools.net website will do everything quickly, automatically and in an online format – you will get the desired result in just a few hours.
With the help of this site, an ordinary picture from your device will take the form of black and white graphics, but all its quality will be preserved. It is in this format that you can insert your image into the XML code – on the final web page, users will see its correct image.
- fast work;
- no failures – both in loading the site and in the conversion itself;
- the ability to convert images without distortion;
- an accessible interface that does not take a long time to understand;
- a good combination of brevity and functionality.
5.PNG to SVG online image converter
Official Website: https://online-converting.ru/image/png-to-svg/
An informative enough name for the service, isn’t it? However, it just explains the essence of this site. We just have to attach instructions for its use:
- In the “Upload” button select where you will insert the image. “Local file” assumes that the picture is on your device, and “Online file” means that you need to download an image from the Internet (insert not an object, but a URL link).
- The service has no restrictions on the size of the file that you can upload. But the heavier the processed image, the longer the conversion will take. Just be patient.
- In the item “Resize” you can edit the length and width of the picture. Using the “Maintain Aspect Ratio” function, you can resize the image without distorting the objects (if you change the length, the width will automatically change with it to a proportional value).
- After you click on “Convert”, the processing will start. It may take several minutes if you have particularly heavy images.
- When the service ends, you can download the finished SVG file from the “Conversion Results” folder. There you can also display a QR code to download the result to a mobile device or directly to a cloud service.
Why would you need conversion at all? It’s simple. If you use ordinary PNG images in graphic editors (Paint, Photoshop) and view them on a computer in special programs, then SVG files will be useful to you in order to build a web page in a popular browser (such as Google Chrome or Opera ). In addition, mobile applications are written in XML (in which the SVG format is used for images).
6.PNG to SVG image converter
Official Website: https://fconvert.ru/image/png-to-svg/
A simple converter with nothing superfluous. The best part is that there are no ads in it either (if you additionally use AdBlock or an analogue, no banners will interfere with you), and you will not have to pay for services.
If you need to convert a png image to a format other than SVG, then pay attention to the menu on the right – there are links to converters with popular formats.
How to use:
- choose how you will download the file – from your computer or using a link;
- determine the byte order;
- set the option to save the TIFF file;
- create a preview if you need it;
- if you wish, you can change the length or width of the image, and also set only one parameter, while maintaining the proportions (the second will change automatically);
- start the conversion and get the finished result quickly.
Official Website: https://onlineconvert.com/PNG-to-SVG
It is a fairly large and popular site offering conversion services. On the left is a multicomponent menu where you can find many useful functions – for example, a QR code generator, online book, and video downloaders, the ability to install a converting extension, and much more. The site has the ability to authorize so that you can track all the operations performed by you through your personal account. For the comfortable use of the service, various tariffs are offered: they differ in terms of access time and feature sets.
The link that we suggest you follow contains the already familiar service – converting a standard png image into vector graphics in SVG format.
- support for a huge number of formats, in addition to PNG and SVG;
- uploading files from both computer and cloud storage;
- built-in tool for viewing files.