To be honest, we have no idea how people used to drive a car or even independently navigate on foot in unfamiliar cities. What is it like to use paper maps and try to imagine a route? For the last five to seven years, these problems seem to us very distant, because now almost everyone has a smartphone in their pocket, where a special application can easily determine the location and tell you where to go next.
It seems that Yandex has already penetrated literally everything. He takes us in a taxi, offers to order food, start an email, or even create his own blog. If you are planning to do … well, anything, contact Yandex. Among other things, he will offer you a navigation program aimed at motorists.
This application should not be confused with Yandex.Maps. Maps will help you find your location and form a route (from there you can also call a taxi or see the public transport schedule), and the navigator will pave the way for the car and show important objects – gas stations, shops, parking lots. In addition, it will display exactly the road along which it will be convenient to drive with the parameters of your car (trucks, for example, will not fit everywhere).
- the ability to build an alternative route for a truck, taking into account its features;
- the history of routes is remembered – you can always return to it;
- you can work with the navigator without an Internet connection;
- there is a voice assistant Alice, which can be conveniently and safely controlled while driving;
- the system works not only in Russia but also in the CIS countries, as well as in a number of other foreign countries.
2.Navitel Navigator GPS & Maps
It is a convenient international service with a very accurate GPS system. In addition to our country, he also works in Europe and Asia, as well as in South America. Wherever you are – with Navitel you will not get lost!
Another big plus of Navitel is its flexibility. The program can be completely customized for yourself: choose a convenient version of the interface and display maps, configure the appropriate control mode and language (which is important for travel abroad), and download maps for offline use.
- you can quickly plot a route with an unlimited number of points (the system will also display several alternatives so that you can choose the most convenient option);
- maps will show you traffic events and traffic jams, as well as opportunities to bypass them;
- the system will warn you that you are approaching the camera that fixes the speed;
- there is a voice assistant and high-quality voice acting in different languages;
- A GLONASS navigation system is supported.
Google is another giant among Internet services. But, unlike Yandex, it rapidly captured not only Russia but the whole world. Therefore, this service will be especially relevant for you if you need navigation while traveling abroad.
Service developers emphasize that it is intended for traditional passenger transport. It is not designed to navigate large or rescue vehicles. Therefore, if you are driving a large cargo transport, you should choose another program to draw up the correct route, taking into account the current restrictions and road signs.
- after you plot the route, the service will show you interesting places and objects that will be on your way, as well as user ratings for them;
- there are special schemes for navigating large buildings – for example, airports or giant shopping centers;
- the maps will calculate your arrival time by themselves, taking into account the traffic congestion;
- if a faster alternative route becomes free, the system will redirect you along with it.
The iGO Navigation service is designed specifically for travelers. He works in more than a hundred countries around the world and knows how not only to calculate routes but also to give useful tips and tricks, navigate the sights and report on events that are worth paying attention to.
You can use iGO Navigation both for tourist trips by car and for walking. If you want to go on an independent walking tour of an unfamiliar city, just put on your headphones and follow the instructions of the program, while at the same time it will tell you about the sights along the way.
- detailed information about the infrastructure of cities in maps;
- the excellent sound reproduction of text;
- 3D models of landmarks;
- the small amount of memory occupied on the phone.
If you need a navigation program that will not use the Internet to work, then MAPS.ME is an excellent choice. It works completely autonomously and has received great recognition – more than 140 million people from all over the world use the service.
Recently, MAPS.ME has been expanding its functionality and adding new services, usually relevant to tourists. Now, for example, right from the application, you can book a hotel room, see a map of the city’s attractions and make a route for walking or cycling.
- maps with a high level of accuracy;
- the ability to add routes to favorites;
- display of urban infrastructure;
- regular updates made by users themselves.
It is a handy free GPS navigator that can be downloaded and used without the Internet. The data is downloaded either to the internal memory of the phone or to an external medium – SD card. So you can build a route and use all the functions of the service even in places where there is no connection.
The service has a very user-friendly interface. You can easily navigate the map, change routes, set a day or night theme.
- high-quality voice navigation in different languages of the world;
- there are warnings about road speed recorders;
- the screen displays the upcoming maneuver of the vehicle and the distance to it;
- the route is planned in as much detail as possible;
- cards work in almost all countries of the world.
With this service, you can easily navigate in unfamiliar terrain and get directions, even if you are in the city for the first time. In addition to navigation, the program will also introduce you to basic tourist information and basic information about attractions.
The program has a voice assistant that will warn you about any important objects – for example, pedestrian crossings, speed limits for cars, or public transport stops.
- the ability to work offline with pre-downloaded maps;
- regular updates;
- additional hiking trails;
- the ability to overlay an additional map on an already created route and adjust its transparency.