Mind maps (also called mind maps) are a way of organizing thoughts, tasks, ideas, or any other information you need to structure. With the help of this tool, you will be able to sort out any complex idea “on the shelves”, that is – “on the cards”. Mind maps are used for study, work, and just for yourself – when you need to sort out your own priorities or understand what is missing for happiness.
Traditional mental maps were compiled on separate sheets of paper, in addition, various decorative elements were used with them. But in order to work with them, a special place was required where no one would interfere. Now, with the advent of smartphones and tablets, making such maps and editing them has become much easier.
With this service, you can build your thoughts on special maps, structure them and share them with your friends. All data can be entered into a single system, which at the output builds a diagram for you – you can work with it and customize it to your liking.
In 2020, the developers completely redesigned the application. Now it works well for any screen – smartphones, smartphones, tablets. The interface itself adapts to the size of your device, and it becomes very convenient to work with it.
- there is a cloud version with which you can interact from any device;
- the number of maps, folders, and diagrams is unlimited – plan as many ideas as you like;
- it is possible to work with the service without an Internet connection;
- various layouts for organizing mental maps (circular, conceptual, organizational) and a large number of decorative and interactive elements;
- you can insert images.
The phrase “mind mapping” is sometimes used among Russian-speaking people. For example, you can meet with him on personal development courses or during project activities at university or at work. This expression translates as “building the brain” and in practice, this is what it means. You take your thoughts, structure them, and you have a blueprint that you can act on. Imagine that you are creating an algorithm for yourself. In the Mindly app, you can do just that – but not on paper cards, but in an interactive format.
Most of the basic functions are free to use. However, in order to expand your capabilities in creating and working with mind maps, you will need to purchase the full version.
- the hierarchy of elements has no restrictions – you can build it as much as you need;
- the entrance to the program can be protected with a password;
- additional editing tools – notes, arrows, icons;
- the ability to export the mind map to a separate file or to iCloud.
App Source: onIOS
This service was created in order to turn large projects into a set of small tasks and thereby make any global goals achievable. You can use the apps to master a new skill, learn a foreign language, solve professional problems, build a workout or weight loss plan … Yes, literally for any goal you want to achieve.
With the help of MindNote, you can: write down your thoughts and collect them into a single system, create a clear path to the goal, implement new ideas step by step. To work with mind maps, a large set of various tools is offered that makes the process not boring at all. And if you want, the service can sync with your Mac or Apple Watch.
- create notes and provide them with images, links, notes;
- organize the connection between objects and edit it if necessary;
- change templates to create unique mind maps;
- Share the result with friends or colleagues.
This is a very concise app to help you with mind mapping. This definition sounds a little strict, but sometimes strictness is exactly what you need to achieve your goal.
XMind is best suited for people who use mind maps for their professional activities or just like it to be concise. The service will offer you such interesting options as taking notes of materials, taking notes of meetings, or working with an annual plan, but you will not see excessive decor or bright interface elements in it.
- 16 diagram options for working with mental maps;
- several stylish themes to customize the interface to your liking;
- fast file management.
The motto of this service is: simple about complex In practice, this means that the application will help you to disassemble any, even the most complex idea, into separate elements and present it as a result in the form of various easy tasks. Stage by stage – and you will be able to achieve any goal, even if initially it seemed impossible.
Please note that this particular program is the Lite version, in which you can learn how to work with mental maps. It has no ads and enough basic features, but in order to get the full set of functions, you need the full version of the SimpleMind application (currently only available for later versions of Android OS).
- everything you need to create mind maps in one application;
- the application is easy to understand;
- when updating an application, developers listen to the opinions of users;
- does not require registration.
App Source: onIOS
With the help of this service, you can “bump” your thinking and awaken your creativity. It has a comprehensive set of tools for mind mapping, working with diagrams, project development, brainstorming, and working on group boards (they can be used by several users at the same time).
If you want to use the unlimited canvas download service and sync your maps with other Apple devices, then you will need to purchase the paid version of the service. It is paid in the form of a monthly subscription.
- you can brainstorm with the whole group;
- canvases can be stretched to infinite sizes;
- you can work with diagrams, diagrams, and other structures;
- various thinking techniques are suggested for thinking about ideas.
7.Mind Map & Note Taking
This program helps users organize, prioritize ideas, and even generate new thoughts. It was originally conceived as an addition to the basic service, but now it works as an application on its own.
For comfortable work with smart cards, you can choose one of three tariffs – free (you can create up to three cards), personal (unlimited number of cards, suitable for one person), and professional (there are additional functions for exporting files in office formats, suitable for teamwork). Choose the option that suits you best and start creating your projects.
- free creation of the first three mind maps;
- free account for storing projects;
- an advanced tool for working with notes and other content;
- sending the project directly from the device.
In fact, you hardly need more than one of our curated apps. They all have similar functions (namely, creating and editing mind maps), but their organization is different. Just pick the option that works best for you and work with your cards regularly. Then soon you will be able to notice how much easier it is for you to fulfill all your dreams and take on new, seemingly insoluble tasks.