We’ve come a long way since we first introduced a mobile device with a built-in camera. Smartphones today are equipped with powerful cameras, allowing casual and avid videographers to enjoy free video editing apps from the Google Play Store.
These video producers may not be making full-length films, but they are great at making videos every day, and these videos are usually shorter. You no longer need to have access to software to edit these clips on your computer. You can create them on the go with video editing apps on your mobile device. Some of the best video editors for Android are listed below. You can get into the top ten if you want.
1.Adobe premiere rush
This is one of the new Adobe video editing apps for Android. Adobe Premiere Rush is specially designed for those who want to create online videos and edit them on the go. Users find it easy to create video content with this application as it allows the flexibility to work on both mobile phones and computers. It allows you to shoot high-definition video. Using this app helps to simplify the workflow with multiple video tracks; Also, there are no advertisements that bother you. The free option is not bad, but you can get a subscription for $ 9.99 a month or $ 52.99 a month for a Creative Cloud All Apps membership if you need access to all of its features.
- Ease of use;
- Responsive and user-friendly interface;
- Seamlessly sync projects across multiple devices;
- Seamless file export;
- Scheduling social media posts;
- Great tools and colors for headings.
- The paid version is slightly more expensive;
- Compatible with limited phone models on the market;
- A little slow;
- Storyboard templates are not available;
- Limited transitions.
With a user-friendly interface and all the necessary tools to decorate your video, this multi-award-winning app is one of the best free options available on the Google Play store. VideoShow is also considered one of the most robust video editing options as it provides you with smooth transitions and multiple audio options. You can also improve the quality of your video and make it unique with more than 50 app themes. Most users say that while VideoShow is not a professional video editing software, it has no length limits and does not fall apart in the quality department.
- One video can have multiple layers of background music;
- MP3 converter;
- Easy to use and has a wide range of tools;
- Great for immediate processing of new videos;
- Frequent updates for new content.
- Video export takes longer;
- Additional settings required;
- The music editing function allows you to make small changes.
PowerDirector gives VideoShow some competition. In the video editing department, he is somewhat similar. The best thing about this free Android app is the tutorials that beginners can use to get to know all the features. PowerDirector offers all the traditional tools, complete with picture-in-picture overlay and a green screen editor, so you can create quality video content. The free app is satisfactory for most users, but a premium subscription will open up high-definition options without ads or watermarks.
- Slow-motion editor and effects;
- User-friendly timeline interface;
- Create professional videos in seconds;
- Stunning green screen videos;
- Built-in tutorials for all functions.
- The controls are a bit tricky to understand at first;
- The blur function implementation is incompatible;
- Updated editing tools are hard to find.
4.Clips from Movavi
Movavi Clips is one of the easiest-to-use Android video editors on the market, and it’s free. It is designed to serve users; regardless of their skill level, so that both the professional and the new user can easily cope with the video creation process. With a simple yet robust user interface, Movavi offers many attractive effects and features, making it the right choice for consumer-grade editors. In addition, users can quickly navigate the tools in the application. In general, Movavi is a definition of simplified editing functions.
- Exceptionally user-friendly interface;
- Practical and intuitive for beginners;
- Advanced features made easy;
- Lots of video effects.
- Only accepts media imports from local files;
- Limited functionality for professional video editing;
- The workflow can be troublesome.
If you want an Android video editing app that’s not only free but fast, GoPro’s Quik can help you. It is one of the smartest video editors out there, and its best feature is the ability to automatically create videos using existing photos and clips. You can directly share the finished video on social networks or save it to your device’s camera roll at up to 1080p resolution. It can be installed and used for free, and it can also save a lot of storage space on your smartphone.
- Quick exchange function;
- Motion Photos and GoPro compatible;
- Unfinished videos are saved as drafts;
- Automatically synced transitions;
- Allows you to save videos in HD 60fps and 1080p.
- Only 60-second videos are supported;
- Font styles are not adjustable;
- This prevents in-app content grabbing.
Perfect Combination With powerful video editing features and a well-designed interface, KineMaster is popular among users as one of the most user-friendly video applications for Android currently available. The free version of the app allows you to create videos of near-professional quality, but like most of the video editors on our list, paid users can access premium features. However, if the watermark doesn’t bother you, the free subscription offers most of the features you’ll need. KineMaster offers multiple effect layers, chroma key, transitions, audio and video filters, and more.
- Easy import using drag and drop functionality;
- A wide range of tools in the free version;
- Equalizer presets for better sound reproduction;
- Great control over the process (instant preview);
- Volume control and trimming;
- Real-time recording.
- It does not support 1080p and 4K video formats.
Is your video editor on your phone giving you headaches due to its clunky interface? In this case, you can turn to Wondershare’s FilmoraGo. Users love this video editing app because the most commonly used features are free and it now comes with a simplified user interface – thanks to the latest update. The application allows you to create multi-layered music tracks and has all the necessary editing features. It also gives you the ability to shoot reverse videos, create videos in YouTube and Instagram formats, and more.
- Easy to learn;
- Live preview;
- Supports import from social networks;
- Wide range of templates and effects.
- Huge advertising push;
- Multiple login breaks consistency.
Are you worried that you don’t have formal video editing experience? Magisto, one of the oldest video producers in the world can help. You just need to select one or more video clips, a background track, and the application will do the rest in a matter of minutes. Thus, the application becomes the best friend for those who want to look cool at their video, but do not want to spend too much time editing it. This is made possible by a sophisticated AI that selects the best parts by analyzing clips.
- Automatic editing function;
- Advanced tools for video bloggers;
- Simple navigation;
- Fast video editor.
- Some may think that the automatic function artistically limits.
The ability to turn your clips into fun and exciting content to share on social media in the blink of an eye make Funimate so popular with users. Since it is free, you will have to endure multiple ad impressions. However, there are about 100 themes and 15 video filters in the app library that you can play with. This option is perfect for short and funny social media posts and not for serious video editing.
- Great for funny social media posts;
- Editing is painless;
- Lots of filters and themes to choose from;
- Loop videos.
- There is no premium version to remove ads;
- Not for professional video production.
Thoughtfully designed to help users create professional-looking videos, VivaVideo has a wide range of editing features. Even though the video length in the free version is limited and the final product is watermarked, exciting free features like slow motion and clip merging make it easy to crop your videos. You can also create video collages thanks to the merge clips feature.
- Easy to use;
- Excellent features;
- Huge collection of stickers, filters and effects;
- The result is professional-looking videos.
- It is difficult to download high definition videos;
- That’s all we have for you. Which video editor for Android on this list do you want to use? Let us know in the comments below.